New employees must first complete Orientation at
https://apps.hr.emory.edu/Orientation. If you have questions, please contact your
hiring manager, HR representative, or HR Data Services.
Updating Form I-9
For assistance correcting or updating Form I-9, please contact your department's HR Representative, or
HR Data Services.
Hiring Managers & Department HR Reps
Pre-Start & Orientation Registration
The Pre-Start system is a one-stop shop to quickly get employees up and running at Emory.
Using this system, you can prepare the following services for new employees:
- NetID Activation
- UTS Exchange Email/Calendar Account Request (Automatic for all employees)
- EmoryCard Selection and Billing
- Orientation Registration (Mandatory for benefits-eligible Faculty and Staff)
Please have the following information for any employees you plan to Pre-Start
- Legal Name
- Social Security Number (Must be a valid, US Government-issued number)
- Date of Birth
- Employee's work Department Name/ID
- Employee's Job Code/Job Title
- Employee's Person Type: Faculty/Faculty Equivalent, Staff, Librarian or TEC Physician/SOM Faculty
- Start Date
- Emory Card/Prox Card and building access requirements; billing SmartKey if prox card is requested
- Benefits Eligibility
If there is a problem, please notify HR using the contact information below.
Do not re-enter a pre-start.
Re-entering a pre-start will only result in additional delays while HR merges duplicate records.
For assistance with Pre-Start, contact HR Technical Services at 404.727.5222 or by email.